Bernie has a bad track record for an anti-war claim.
National Defense Issues
- National Defense Authorisation Act – 2016 Nay; 2014 Yea; 2013 Nay; 2012 Nay; 2010-2011 Yea; 2008 Yea; 2003 Nay; 2002 Yea; 1997 Nay & Nay; 1995 Nay
- Department of Defense Appropriations Act – 2016 Did Not Vote; 2009-2010 Yea; 2007 Yea; 2006 (this is a Special Case); 2005 Yea and Yea; 2003 Yea; 2000 Nay; 1999 Nay & Nay; 1998 Nay
- Voted against deploying troops (H Res 247)
- Voted to fund the troops in Bosnia (HR 2606)
- Voted again to not deploy troops in Bosnia (HR 2770)
- Voted for Bosnia Troop Extension (H Amdt. 204)
- Voted for Bosnia Troop Termination (H Amdt. 203)
- Voted Against US Troop Removal from Bosnia and Herzegovina (H Con Res 227)
- Voted for Kosovo Resolution (H Con Res 21)
- Voted for Kosovo Peacekeeping (H Con Res 42)
- Voted Against Troop Withdrawal from the Balkans (H Con Res 82)
- Voted for Iraqi Liberation (HR 4655)
- Voted Against Iraq War (H J Res 114)
- Voted for Iraq Reconstruction Resolution (H Res 198)
- Voted Against Iraq War Anniversary (H Res 557)
Bernie also voted for Iran and Libya sanctions (HR 1954).
This record is of a person who is Machiavellian, scream loud against the war but continue to fund the army after you voted against the war. Bernie Sanders has mastered the art of voting Yes and No for the same cause.