Reading the book What the Koran Really Says by Ibn Warraq is amazing. In this book he has taught me many new ideas about Islam that I had not known up until now. But for me what grabbed my attention was the short line in the beginning part of the book as written below
… the traditional historical framework fabricated by Muslim tradition.
So what proof or evidence does he provide?
- The exile myth
- Pre-Islamic Arabian Poetry was a fabrication by later day Muslims to give outside credence to Koran according to Taha Husayn
- 23 years by Ali Dashti
- Koran Surah 6, verse 96 contains a non-Arabic word Husban which is originally a Hebrew word
- Islam was the result of disputes amongst monotheist in the region of Palestine, Syria and Iraq according to Hawting
- Taking oath of Mecca and the Cross as in the case of ‘Adi bin Zayd during 600 CE
- Meccans were trinitarian Christian according to Lulling
- Quraysh means shark according to Cook
There is much more in the book about various other things about Islam, Muhammad and Koran but the above points were the ones that got my attention. Although I have not done justice to the book since it mentions a lot of others that someone else might find interesting and might have been more profound in its implication.
US election result
Democrat results so far
- Hillary Clinton – 1712
- Bernie Sanders – 1011
Republican results so far
- Donal Trump – 736
- Ted Cruz – 463
- John Kasich – 143
By the way the above results can change in the coming days.
What is Fascism?
At this point it is important to define the word fascism. Fascism etymologically means a bundle of rods (twisting the rods together was the symbolic way that fascism conveyed its message).
Historians have made a few points on the nature of fascism (read the wikipedia page on fascism),
- negation of anti-liberalism, anti-communism and anti-conservatism
- nationalist authoritarian goals of regulated economy
- political aesthetic such as romantic symbolism, mass mobilisation, positive view of violence, promotion of masculinity, youth and charismatic leadership.
- populist ultranationalism
- rebirth myth
- myth of decadence
- promotes radical politics in order to bring an end to decadence
- not restrained by ethics or laws
- obsessive preoccupation with humiliation, victimhood and community decline
Placing these points we can make a very good case that both parties are fascist to a large extent.
I will not go point by point on each point to make the case since it is obvious. However fascism does not come over night, it always comes as a result of a populist movement that talks about getting things done and they also hint that they will do the things they promise and they give the people the feeling, by the way every candidate has been doing this since a long time. However the USA has slowly been turning into an authoritarian state, where each president has done its part. Theodore Roosevelt was the president that turned the office of the executive into an imperial presidency, he is where executive order mania started for all the presidents that were to come after him.
So while we fear a certain fascist might come and take power, the media has remained complicit and infact helped the state become the autoritarian state that it has become. Think about it for a minute. Assume that an evil individual sits in the White House, what will stop them from making evil decisions and what mechanism are there in place to stop the will of the president to come to reality? Think back how many times has the president been stopped. Fascism isn’t coming, fascism is already here its only getting the crown that it has been waiting for.
“It is of course true that one can walk down the street, the individual can go into his workshop and he can go out again: here and there he can go to a meeting. In a word, the individual has liberties. But in general, if he is wise, he will keep his mouth shut. For if in former times extraordinary care was taken that no one should let slip anything which could be treated as lèse-majesté, now a man must take much greater care that he doesn’t say anything which might represent an insult to the majesty of a member of Parliament.” Adolph Hitler Speech on April 12, 1922.
The worlds worst tyrant always use the language of everyday people and tyranny is only a small fraction of their thinking.